How To Use ScholarshipFinder
ScholarshipFinder operates exactly like Google search but is confined to scholarships offered for college students and college students attending Illinois State University. The method of searching scholarshipFinder is, therefore, very much the same as a Google search. As you would with a Google search, keep it as simple and as straight forward as possible for best results.
If the scholarship you are looking for is not displayed on the awarding department’s website, please refer to the contact information provided within the ScholarshipFinder.
What results will I see?
Searching on the ScholarshipFinder will get you results from all different colleges, departments, and units across Illinois State University. In order to present the most possible relevant results, you may see additional scholarships appear as results for which you also may be eligible.
What you can do in a search
- You can search by using key words as you would any other search engine.
- You can search by stringing together phrase searches such as ["minimum undergraduate GPA 3" "Class Level:
- You can search by specific phrase by placing double quotations before and after exact terms or parameters, such as ["minimum undergraduate GPA 3"]. Keep in mind that the more phrase searches you sting together you will get fewer returns on that search.
- You can search by scholarship affiliations or support to find scholarships that have a particular connection or are designated for specific peoples.
- You can search by major:
Information Technology, and so forth.
- You can search by class level + freshman, sophomore, junior, senior as in: class level: senior.
- You can search by department or college:
of Family and Consumer Sciences, Financial Aid Office/provost, dean of students, College of Arts and Sciences,
- You can search by minimum undergraduate GPA, minimum graduate GPA, high school GPA: minimum undergraduate GPA 2.75, high school GP.
- You can search by resume requirement.
- You can search by letter/s of reference/s requirement.